Christmas is NOTHING without candy. And we mean that with all due respect to Jesus. Happy Birthday, bro.
According to a new study, we'll spend a total of $1.93 BILLION on Christmas candy this year. And people in every state will spend their share differently. The study found the most popular Christmas candy in every state, and here are the results . . .
1. Red and green M&M's are the top candy in eight states. Christmas Pez dispensers and candy also took eight states.
2. The most traditional Christmas candies finished close behind. Candy canes won seven states, and peppermint bark won four states.
3. "Reindeer corn," which is the candy corn industry's way of staying relevant for an extra month, somehow won in Alabama, Michigan, and Utah.
4. And bravo to North Dakota. They're the only state that decided the best way to celebrate Christmas is to bite the heads off of chocolate Santas.
5. Colorado? Classic - Hershey's Kisses, followed by Reese's Pieces. Is either of those really "Christmas" candies?
6. Wyoming - M&M's followed by Snickers. Again, good candy, but Christmas?!
(Here's a map with the top three for every state.)