Today is National Popcorn Day. And according to a recent survey, 92% of us enjoy popcorn or at least think it doesn't suck. But stripper model, plain popcorn is BORING! It must have additives. FLA-VOR!!!! So we 'Mericans do what we 'Mericans do - we fat-fat-fatty it up! Butter. Salt. Chocolate syrup. High fructose corn syrup. Skittles. Peanuts.
What's your favorite flavor? Survey says...
1. Classic butter and salt. 31% of people said it's their favorite way to eat popcorn.
2. White cheddar, 16%.
3. Caramel corn, also 16%.
4. Kettle corn, 15%. Women were 30% more likely to say they liked it than men.
5. Regular cheddar, 11%. So if you combine that with white cheddar, it's really 27%.
6. Garlic, 3%.
7. "Turtle" popcorn. That's popcorn covered with chocolate, 3%.
8. Plain. Only 2% of people said they prefer popcorn with nothing on it.
9. Red velvet, 1%. A couple different brands sell a red velvet flavor. Apparently, some people are big fans.
10. "Zebra" popcorn, 1%. It's kind of like "turtle" popcorn but has chocolate AND white chocolate drizzled on top.
Scott's wife puts MILK DUDS in hers. Scott only eats the OLD MAIDS! Delish.
And what about that butter-flavored fatty crap oil that comes out of the pump at movie theaters?
(Chester's Flamin' Hot Popcorn didn't make the list, but probably should have.)