The New England Patriots are headed back to the Super Bowl AGAIN, after coming back from behind to beat the Jacksonville Jaguars yesterday. The final score was 24-to-20.
This is their third Super Bowl in four years, and it could also be their third WIN in four years.
This is Tom Brady's eighth trip to the Super Bowl, and he's 5-2 so far.
They'll play the Philadelphia Eagles, who blew out the Minnesota Vikings thanks to an insane performance by backup quarterback Nick Foles, who took over last month after Carson Wentz suffered a season-ending injury. The final score was 38-to-7.
Here are seven other takeaways from yesterday's games:
1. As usual, there are plenty of conspiracy theories about the refs helping the Patriots win.
There was a play early in the fourth quarter where Myles Jack of Jacksonville stripped the ball from Dion Lewis and MIGHT have been able to run it all the way back for a touchdown. But the officials blew the play dead, and a lot of people think they shouldn't have.
Meanwhile, the Patriots were penalized just once for 10 yards, while the Jags were hit with six for 98 yards.
There was also the moment right after the Patriots won when the first person to congratulate Brady was . . . one of the officials. Or at least that's what it looked like.
2. ROB GRONKOWSKI missed the second half after a massive and illegal hit to the head.
3. BILL BELICHICK broke character a little after the game and actually showed some emotion.
6. The city of Philadelphia was apparently so worried about their fans going nuts that the so-called "Crisco Cops" GREASEDsome of the light poles ahead of time.
7. At least for now, the Eagles are the biggest Super Bowl underdogs since 2009. One Vegas sportsbook has them as 5.5-point underdogs to the Patriots. But they've been underdogs the past two games as well, hence all the dog masks.
Forget the takeaways, let's get to how all this makes us FEEL!
The dynastic aspect of the Patriots cannot be denied and when one thinks logically, you must give Tom Brady his due: He's the GOAT (greatest of all time). Still. The guy is too damn perfect. Pretty boy. Pretty wife. Perfect family. Perfect life. Perfect at what he does. ANd this is 'Merica and we don't like perfect. Damnit.
Secondly - (Let's see how many people we can tick off here) There are no fans more damn smug than Patriots fans. It's EASY to be a Patriots fans because you damn team always wins. Sooner or later, Brady will retire. Your coach will be caught cheating. Again. And will you have a soul and care that time?!
Whatevs - we Bronco fans will sit on the sidelines of this Super Bowl and wait. Because sooner or later it will happen again for our team, too. In Elway We Trust.