Let's say you didn't have a toilet. And every day, you just did your business in the backyard . . . and never got rid of what you produced. I guess in this scenario you'd also need to not have a sense of smell. But anyway . . .
How much poop will you produce in your life?
Scientists actually have an estimate for you. Here are the numbers . . .
1. On an average day, you eliminate about 14 ounces of feces.
2. That adds up to about 312 pounds a year.
3. So by the time you're 21, you'll have produced over three tons.
4. If you're a man, with a life expectancy of 76, you'll produce 24,320 POUNDS of poop . . . that's 12 tons or the weight of approximately two elephants.
5. If you're a woman, with a life expectancy of 81, you'll produce 25,920 POUNDS . . . so almost one ton more than men.
Oh . . . and if you add up ALL of the feces produced by people in the world every year, it adds up to 640 billion pounds.