It'd be great to get a 10% raise tomorrow. But is it "uproot your life, lose your teeth, and give up your rights as a citizen" great?
A new survey asked Americans what they'd be willing to give up in exchange for a 10% pay raise. Keep in mind that the average American salary is $52,000, so people would do this stuff for a $5,200 raise, or roughly $140 more per paycheck after taxes . . .
1. 56% would work an extra 10 hours per week for LIFE, and 50% would work six-day weeks for the next year.
2. 40% would give up all dental care, and 19% would go with no health insurance.
3. 35% would give up their right to VOTE for life. And 9% would give away their child's right to vote for life.
4. 12% would break up with their significant other.
5. And 5% would eat a Tide Pod.