I’m not too sure why it has taken me so long to come to this realization, but it is finally dawning on me. Life is short. You hear the expression all the time and I am realizing just how true is it. Here are just a few of the things that float through my head – do they float through yours?
- I’m not getting any younger.
- I work incredibly hard (I bet you do, too). Just what am I working so hard for? I want to play some, too!
- My son – you know, my BABY boy – just turned 13. He’s a teenager – and I have, at best, five summers left before he is off pursuing his dreams. I want to have fun!
- We live in one of the most beautiful states in the nation. The Rocky Mountains are our playground. Sadie and I joke about people “Coloradoing.” But truth be known, I want to play, too!
- Jack (my son) LOVES to be outside, so I want to encourage that.
My mortality is on my mind. SO, fate took my son and I up to see my buddy, Steve Kanten, at Harsh Outdoors in Eaton. They have LOTS of toys there. He started showing me Arctic Cat goodies. Quads, side-by-sides, snowmobiles. YEARS ago – before Julie – I owned a CJ7 Jeep and LOVED four-wheeling. The quads he showed me sparked that emotion.
So, I bought a couple. YOLO, right?!
Jack’s is an Alterra 300. Mine is an Alterra VLX 700. I’ll write tons more on our selections and why I came to the conclusions I did. For now, check out a couple of pics below.
I am SO EXCITED to get out in the mountains this Spring, Summer and Fall and explore. We are COMPLETE rookies. But I’ll share my adventures in these pages and INVITE you to come along. Yes, we’ll be forming a Big Quad Club!
For now, let me ask a couple of questions:
- Do you own a quad and/or side-by-side?
- What gear do you have?
- What do you take with you on the trail?
- Where do you go?
- Would you come along with Jack and me if we started organizing some outings?
Leave your comments below – I’d appreciate it!
Are you like me? Do you want to get out and LIVE?! Maybe you need a quad or side-by-side. THIS Saturday is a perfect opportunity. Harsh Outdoors is having their big Spring Cleaning Sales Event on Saturday from 11:00 – 3:00. They’re at 600 Oak Avenue in Eaton. Check out the graphic below.
See you on the trails – and please be patient, we’re new to this!