Saturday, June 8, 2018
• Onsite registration and breakfast 8:00-10:00 a.m.
• Blessing of the bikes 9:00 a.m.
• Wish kids leave Longmont Moose Lodge 9:30 a.m.
• Poker run with multiple stops 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
• BBQ celebration at Anderson Farms 1:00-8:00 p.m.
Beginning – Longmont Moose Lodge, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501
Ending – Anderson Farms, 6728 County Rd 3 1/4, Erie, CO 80516
More than 1,000 riders will leave Longmont Moose Lodge for a ride through northern Colorado. Riders will pick up a playing card at several stops along the route and end up at Anderson Farms in Erie where they’ll turn in their cards in the hopes of securing a prize for the best poker hands. This fun family event features live entertainment, a silent auction, free giveaways and an incredible barbecue pig roast. This is the 33rd year of the ride, which raised more than $20,000 in 2017 for Make-A-Wish® Colorado.
Frank’s Ride for Children was started by Frank Aulino in 1986. Frank organized two annual benefit poker runs before his sudden death in 1987. The brothers at the Longmont Moose Lodge took on Frank’s mission and have continued to grow the event each year, raising more than $735,000 in the past 31 years and granting wishes to 124 children with critical illnesses. Five wish kids will be in attendance at the 2018 Frank’s Ride for Children:
• 17-year-old Braden, whose wish was to go to Oahu
• 7-year-old Ian, whose wish was to go to Walt Disney World
• 13-year-old Jamin, whose wish was to go to Walt Disney World
• 6-year-old Olivia, whose wish was to go to Walt Disney World
• 9-year-old Simon, who will be going on his wish trip to Aulani Resort in Oahu soon