We are in the midst of some of the toughest times most of us have ever seen. However, as my mind spiraled out of control yesterday watching the news, and reading social media, I decided to find some light. Some REAL news that wasn't all bad. Here are some of the good news stories I've found today...
- A video of doctors and nurses in Wuhan smiling and removing their masks has been making the rounds on social media. China closed the last of its emergency hospitals last week after spread of the virus there finally leveled off.
- For the first time, South Korea had more recoveries in one day than new cases.
- After Disneyland shut down, they donated all their extra food to a food bank in Orange County, California.
- Last week, we heard about a distillery in Oregon that was making hand sanitizer and giving it out for free. Now more distilleries around the country are doing it.
- Internet providers are offering unlimited,free public Wi-Fi during the crisis. And the big phone companies are stepping up too. Verizon is pausing late fees. And T-Mobile is giving customers unlimited data on their smartphones.
- A woman in North Carolina named Becky Hoeffler has been doin grocery store runs for elderly people to reduce their exposure.
- A convenience store in Scotland has been handing out free facemasks and hand sanitizer to people over 65.
- And a 17-year-old kid near Seattle named Avi Schiffmann started a website in late December that tracks coronavirus cases around the world in real time. You can check it out at nCoV2019.live. He intentionally included how many patients have recovered in each country, so people won't just focus on the negative.