I don't need to tell you that news is mostly bad these days on the TV and even social media. So, I have made it my mission everyday, until this all ends, to find at least five good news stories to share with you on my show, on social media, and right here on my blog.
Here are the five for March 20th -
- If you need help, just ask. A new survey asked 6,000 Americans if they'd be willing to go grocery shopping for a neighbor or friend who's high-risk and can't go out. And of the people who aren't high-risk, 86% said yes.
- Three little old ladies in the U.K. are riding out the crisis together in one of their apartments. Now people are comparing them to "The Golden Girls". They did a great interview and said they'll be fine . . . because they have Netflix and plenty of wine.
- In one day, a THOUSAND nurses and doctors in New York came out of retirement or private practice to help treat people at hospitals and fight the outbreak.
- Here's something educational for your kids to do while they're home all day. Zoos and aquariums all over the world are now offering free livestreams of their animals. One in Australia has livestreams of penguins, lions, giraffes, and a baby snow leopard.
- A company called Young Investment owns a bunch of buildings in Arkansas with restaurants in them. And they just said they're not charging rent next month. They made the announcement on Twitter, and told business owners to use the money to pay staff instead. Adding, quote, "Stay strong. We will get through this together."