I don't need to tell you that news is mostly bad these days on the TV and even social media. So, I have made it my mission everyday, until this all ends, to find at least five good news stories to share with you on my show, on social media, and right here on my blog.
Here are the five for March 23rd -
- A guy in Milwaukee launched a GoFundMe for his birthday to raise money for local restaurants. And in the first 18 hours, he raised over $16,000.
- More landlords around the country are cutting rent, or waiving it next month. One guy in Milwaukee left a note on his tenants' doorsteps that said he's only charging them $100. And if they don't need the help, he wants them to use the extra money to support local businesses.
- Thousands of people in New York have signed up to foster animals, so they don't have to sit in shelters during the crisis.
- If this kid is willing to sacrifice, we should be too. A 7-year-old in Maryland named Cavanaugh Bell took $600 he'd saved up from two birthdays and three Christmases. And he used the money to hand out 31 hot meals and 65 care packages to seniors.
- A couple in San Antonio had to cancel their wedding last-minute. So they donated all their flowers to an assisted-living center.