I don't need to tell you that news is mostly bad these days on the TV and even social media. So, I have made it my mission everyday, until this all ends, to find at least five good news stories to share with you on my show, on social media, and right here on my blog.
Here are the five for March 27th -
- A company called Prisma Health came up with a "splitter" that lets four patients use one ventilator at the same time. The FDA rushed the approval, and now they're sharing it with hospitals all over the world. Also, the company behind Dyson vacuum cleaners designed a new ventilator in 10 days, and they're making 15,000 of them.
- For all of April, Hertz is offering free rental cars to healthcare workers in New York City to make their commutes easier.
- The company that makes Crocs will give away 10,000 free pairs of shoes to healthcare workers every day until supplies run out.
- Miller Lite just donated $1 million to help bartenders, and they're asking other people to match it by donating to the Bartenders Guild.
- A kid's parent felt bad that he couldn't go out for his 21st birthday. So they turned their garage into a nightclub. His dad was the bouncer, and checked his ID. His mom gave him a free birthday shot. And the only other person there was his sister.