Resources and Information for Those Affected By Colorado Wildfires

The largest wildfire ever in the state of Colorado, the Cameron Peak Fire, has now been burning for 70 plus days and has affected so many. However, as the East Troublesome Fire bears down on more populated areas like Granby and Estes Park, we send even more love, thoughts, and prayers to those affected.

If you or someone you know is being affected, 9News says this:

An evacuation center is set up at the Headwater Center in the Winter Park/Fraser area just off Highway 40. Evacuees should call 970-725-3803 with questions.
People leaving Estes Park via U.S. 34 should now go to the Embassy Suites at 4705 Clydesdale Pwky. in Loveland. Those leaving via US 36 should go to Westminster City Park Recreation Center at 10455 Sheridan Blvd. in Westminster. Those leaving via Highway 7 should go to the Isle of Capri at 401 Main St. in Black Hawk.
Anyone forced to evacuate was asked to register using East Troublesome Fire Evacuee(s) Registration Form to assist with the re-entry process, the GCSO said.
Those evacuating Estes Park via US 34 or US 36 can bring their small animals to the Riverdale Animal Shelter of Adams County. Those evacuating via Highway 7 can take animals to the Gilpin County Fairgrounds.
For assistance with small animal transport, call the Larimer Humane Society at 970-226-3647 x 7.
Both US 34 between Meadow Road and Golf Course Road and US 40 between Nevada Street and US 34 are closed in the area due to fire activity.
If you are an evacuee or someone who has been impacted by the wildfires and needs assistance, call 1-800-417-0495.
To sign up to volunteer, email

Officials also say you can receive text updates by texting the word TFIRE to 888777 from your cell phone. We will communicate information to that key word as needed. To view a map of the evacuation areas, please visit Please do not call 9-1-1 unless you are in danger.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content