Whether you love everything they do or not, the CDC is a legit agency, so when they start talking zombie apocalypses, I start wetting my pants a bit...
In the middle of a global pandemic they found time to write tips to survive a zombie apocalypse this week. They do say it's a joke and a ploy to get people prepared for "real emergencies," but still...
The CDC says you should prepare for a zombie takeover the same way you would any natural disaster.
"There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example," according to a CDC blog post. "You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."
- The first thing you'll need is an emergency kit.
- Identify the types of emergencies that are possible in your area. Besides a zombie apocalypse, this may include floods, tornadoes, or earthquakes. If you are unsure contact your local Red Cross chapter for more information.
- Pick a meeting place for your family to regroup in case zombies invade your home.
- Identify your emergency contacts. Make a list of local contacts like the police, fire department, and your local zombie response team.
- Plan your evacuation route.
If zombies did start roaming the streets, the CDC says they are ready to respond with technical assistance to cities, states, or international partners dealing with a zombie infestation.