Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. The most serious crime in ancient Rome was killing a parent . . . the punishment was being sewn into a bag with a monkey, snake, dog, and chicken, and then thrown into a river to drown.
2. For the first five U.S. presidential elections, only white men who owned property could vote.
3. The world record for bench press was 364 pounds in 1916. It's now more than TRIPLE that . . . a guy named Will Barotti bench pressed 1,105 pounds in last year.
4. In Europe, Cool Ranch Doritos are called Cool American Doritos.
5. The tongue twister "She sells seashells by the seashore" was inspired by a female paleontologist named Mary Anning who sold fossils out of a little stand on Dorset Beach in England in the early 1800s.
(History Today/Wikipedia/Wikipedia/Thrillist/Atlas Obscura)