Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. The last shot of the Civil War was fired on June 28th, 1865 . . . almost two months after the war ended . . . off the coast of Alaska. A Confederate warship hadn't gotten word the war was over and destroyed 24 Union boats.
2. Idaho is the only state that has a specific law banning cannibalism.
3. According to his daughter, "White Men Can't Jump" was one of Stanley Kubrick'sfavorite movies.
4. Colombia is being overrun by dozens of HIPPOS, who are destroying crops, crushing cows, and damaging property . . . and it's all because Pablo Escobar built himself a zoo in the '80s and imported a bunch of hippos, who've now bred.
5. In 2017, "Despacito" became the first song that's primarily in a foreign language to hit number one since the "Macarena" in 1996. The last one before that was"La Bamba" in 1987 . . . and before that, "Rock Me Amadeus" in 1986.
BTS's"Life Goes On" is the latest, hitting number one back in December.
(Alaska Public Media/Weird Universe/BFI/Washington Post/Wikipedia)