When you were a kid, did you play games on the playground where you attacked each other with pointed sticks . . . you know, for fun?
Those types of games have pretty much gone extinct with today's kids . . . where everyone's WAY more concerned about things like "safety" and "not losing eyes."
And there's a discussion on Reddit right now where people are sharing the toys and games from when they were a kid that would be considered too dangerous today. Here are some of the highlights . . .
1. "On playgrounds, there was always the spinning gate. A gate on a pole. You stood on the back of it and just spin around."
2. "You could buy a radioactive science kit that came with real radioactive material and a Geiger counter."
3. "Lawn darts . . . when the game was over, we used to throw them in the air."
4. "We had weird fake cigarettes that actually allowed you to blow smoke."
5. "Playgrounds were plunked down on asphalt and concrete, with metal slides that caused third-degree burns on hot summer days."