Earlier this week we heard that people with allergies will spendaround $16,000 during their life dealing with them. So here are five FREE ways to help deal with allergy season this year . . .
1. Stay inside during the worst part of the day. Midday and afternoon are usually when pollen counts are highest, so try to be indoors during those hours.
2. Keep your car windows up. Even though a fresh breeze can feel good, keeping the windows closed helps limit the amount of pollen you'll come into contact with.
3. Wear your mask. We all have a bunch of face masks lying around these days, and they actually do a pretty good job at limiting allergy symptoms when you're outside.
4. Rinse off before bed. Changing your clothes, taking a shower, and washing your hair after being outside limits how much time you'll spend with pollen on your body . . . and it also stops it from getting in your bed at the end of the day.
5. Vacuum more. Pollen and other allergens can get trapped in your rugs and carpets, and vacuuming frequently will get those allergens out of your house.