Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. A study in 2012 found there had been more than 200 academic papers published on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", which easily made it the most studied TV show or movie. The "Alien" movies were second with around 90 papers.
2. The U.S. Department of Defense buys more explosive devices than anyone else in the world. Who's number two? The Walt Disney Company, because of all the fireworks they buy for their parks.
3. The placenta that a woman grows during pregnancy is technically an organ . . . and it's the only organ that's meant to leave the body.
4. After you play eight years in Major League Baseball, you get a gold card that gives you and a guest free admission to any MLB game for the rest of your life.
5. "Maine lobster" actually refers to a species of lobster called Homarus americanus . . . it doesn't necessarily mean it comes from Maine. They can come from as far south as New Jersey.
(Slate/Business Insider/Mental Floss/The Star/Wikipedia)