In today's good news...
1. A paramedic in South Dakota got vaccinated by his boyfriend the other day. The boyfriend is a nurse who's been helping with vaccines. And in the middle of it, the paramedic PROPOSED. When he rolled his sleeve up, the ring was taped to his arm.
2. A preschool teacher in North Carolina who lost his job during the pandemic just hit the lottery for $250,000.
3. Over the holidays, a woman near Philadelphia went around to all the restaurants in her town and handed out cards filled with $100 cash. She only planned to do 12 of them, but then people online donated another $18,000. So she ended up giving them to over 100 servers and other employees.
4. A 22-year-old guy in Hawaii recently found a woman's wallet, and rode his child-sized bike six miles to get it back to her. So people in the community rewarded him by pooling their money to buy him a CAR. He ended up with a 2017 Volkswagen Jetta.
5. Here's another pandemic love story: An ex-couple in Canada got back in touch with each other last year, more than 60 YEARS after they were high-school sweethearts. He's 84, and she's 81. She called him last Valentine's Day, and they started talking on the phone. Then they met up in person over the summer, and now they're married.