The old slogan for Pringles potato chips was, "Once you pop, you can't stop." And apparently, it wasn't just marketing nonsense. It's scientifically accurate . . .
More than 2,700 people recently took a survey to find out the hardest foods to stop eating once you've started. And salty stuff like potato chips took the top spot. Here are the top five . . .
1. Chips, pretzels, and other salty snacks. 35% of people said they have a hard time stopping once they've started. (Here's an old Pringles ad from the '90s.)
2. Candy, not including chocolate, 18%. So stuff like Skittles and Starburst.
3. Chocolate, 12%. That includes candy bars, like Snickers and Butterfingers.
4. Crackers and other bread-based snacks, 11%. So things like Cheez-Its.
5. Cheese, 10%. String cheese might be one of the main culprits there. (Here's a scene from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" after Charlie eats too much cheese before a date.)