I love this time of year because all the "best of lists" from the year that was start coming out, and this one is always a favorite...
CareerBuilder's annual survey of people calling into sick at work has arrived and features some awesome, real, excuses people used this last year:
1. "A bear was in the employee's yard, and they were afraid to come out."
2. "Employee's phone exploded and it hurt their hand."
3. "Employee ate a toothpick in his food at restaurant."
4. "Dog swallowed employee's car keys so she was waiting until it came out."
5. "Employee left his clothes at the laundry mat."
6. "Employee had to re-schedule a new manicure because some of their artificial nails fell off."
7. "Employee was not sure how the solar eclipse would affect them so it would be safer to stay at home."