For the FULL WallletHub story - Click HERE
Having a baby is a big decision, and as much as you may want to become a parent, there are a lot of things to consider before welcoming a child into the world. And believe it or not, where you live may play a huge role in that decision, since some states are certainly better for having a child than others.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Best and Worst States To Have A Baby.
- They looked at the 50 states and the District of Columbia, judging them on 32 key measures of having a baby.
- The factors range in areas of cost, healthcare, baby friendliness and family friendliness.
- With all that in mind, Massachusetts earns the honor of best state to have a baby earning a score of 67.84 out of 100.
- Massachusetts comes in at number one for family friendliness, two for healthcare and at five for baby friendliness. It isn’t cheap though, with Massachusetts landing at 34 for cost.
- District of Columbia is tops for baby friendliness, while Vermont, second overall, is tops for healthcare, and Ohio is tops for cost.
Top Ten Best States To Have A Baby
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- North Dakota
- On the flip side, folks in South Carolina may want to reconsider having a child. The state was named the worst place to have baby, earning just a 29.07 and landing close to the bottom in all areas.
Ten Worst States To Have A Baby
- South Carolina
- West Virginia